Tahira Kassam is a licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Qualified Supervisor for Mental Health Counseling. She has been working with children and families in the dependency system for the past 8 years. Her practice is currently located in Coral Gables.
Tahira was raised in East Africa and moved to Miami, FL to complete her undergraduate studies in psychology and a Masters in Mental Health Counseling at the University of Miami. She graduated with 4.0 GPA.
Tahira has extensive experience in individual psychotherapy, family therapy, and parent coaching. She specializes in working with individuals with trauma and is both EMDR trained and certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Her areas of expertise include: Anxiety/Stress, Depression, Rape/Sexual Abuse, PTSD/Trauma, Self Harm, GLBTQ, Women’s issues and Life Transitions.
- Master of Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Psychology
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Children’s Functional Assessment Certification
- Adult Functional Assessment Certification
- CPR/First Aid
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy